Where does the time go? I should have out these photos up ages ago, but I have been so busy. But here they are.
As I was spinning away I found I needed more bobbins. I looked in my tube for the spares and found one full of a lovely lime green single, and one with the ends of various bits of singles from a wide variety of projects. So I did my usual trick and plied the green against the ends. There were some ends left, so I plied the remainder of these against the remains of the earlier TdF singles. Here are the results:
I collect these bits of yarns and periodically knit them up into lengthways scarves, or hats. The colours always seem to go with each other.
Now I had empty bobbins I filled them up! The first was a set of rolags called ‘Tulips’. I spun these fairly thick with a fairly loose twist. (They will be knitted and lightly felted.) With singles I try to leave them on the bobbin for a while to help set the twist.
Next I went to a much gentler colourway and spun a much finer yarn. This was another gradient colourway which spun up very easily. I spun 5 rolags onto each of two bobbins and then plied them together.
I had time to spin up one more set of gradients. This was 100g of wool-based fibre and 50 g of silk brick in the same colours. I spun the wool up to about twice the thickness of the silk and then plied them together. I was really pleased with the result.
My complete haul for the 3 weeks or so was satisfying. I hadn’t forced myself or set any goals this time, but I really enjoyed the spinning – which is the important bit!